Visit a dog-mushing racer
Your Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast hosts can arrange tours at Husky Homestead to see racing dogs and Jeff King for 5% savings. With three tour times a day, this activity can easily fit into your Denali vacation.
Plan on your 2-½ hour tour starting in the canyon where the shuttles meet you. Wear comfortable clothes with long sleeves and long pants. Prepare to hold puppies that will melt your heart. Laugh deep and learn much listening to Jeff King talk about mushing and winning races. He is an excellent speaker.
- Wear puppy-holding clothes
- Learn about starting a racing dog team while raising a family in Denali
- See equipment and re-designed sleds for 1,000-mile races
- Understand what it takes to win dog races
- Buy a copy of Jeff King’s book and have him sign it for you.
- Other dog tours can be added if you need another “dog fix”